Location of Protea Hotel Kruger Gate
Protea Hotel Kruger Gate, on the banks of the Sabie River, Mpumalanga is just steps away from the Kruger National Park. This wonderful lush setting is the perfect place to return to after a day in the bush or touring the area.
Guests will love the beautiful canopy of trees and game viewing deck. Located just 100 metres from the Paul Kruger Gate, guests can be right where they need to be and still enjoy great resort facilities, including a stunning pool deck and bar overlooking the Sabie River, Mpumalanga.
Guests at Protea Hotel Kruger Gate can go on game drives in the private reserve, and in the Kruger National Park, walking trails are also offered. Birding is a very popular pursuit in this beautiful area, there are a number of hides from which to spend time spotting the many different species.
Nearby attractions and towns will keep guests busy on the Panorama Route where fantastic sights such as the Blyde River Canyon, Gods Window and Bourkes Luck Potholes can be seen. For country hospitality and culture, Pilgrims Rest and Graskop make for a lovely outing.
Guests are within easy reach of several centres in Mpumalanga, the town of Hazyview is only a 30 minute drive away, and Johannesburg can be easily reached by car in 5 and a half hours.
Guests can also fly in to the new Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA). Transfers can be arranged to the Hotel or guests can hire a car.
Distance from Protea Hotel Kruger Gate to
- Paul Kruger Gate, Kruger National Park 100 metres
- Skukuza Golf Course 16km (10 miles)
- Mkuhlu Railway Station 23km (14 miles)
- Hazyview 35km (22 miles)
- Shangaan Cultural Village 50km (31 miles)
- Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport 70km (43 miles)
- Nelspruit 70km (43 miles)
- Moholoholo Wildlife Sanctuary 120km (75 miles)
- Johannesburg 5 and half hour drive
From Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport KMIA to the Hotel
1. Follow the N4 highway from Witbank straight to Nelspruit.
2. Follow the R40 road to White River and then on to Hazyview.
3. At Hazyview, turn right at the second 4-way stop, into Paul Kruger Road.
4. Follow the road for 43km (27 miles), the Protea Hotel Kruger Gate will be on the left hand side, the Paul Kruger Gate entrance is directly in front.
BE CAUTIOUS OF DOMESTIC STOCK AND WILD ANIMALS ON THE ROAD.
|Rates / Prices||Reservations||Enquiries / Questions|